I’m just another ordinary mummy but I’ve decided to start a blog. Why? It’s not that I think I have anything particularly interesting, witty or groundbreaking to say, but I have a lot of thoughts in my head that I don’t always get to share. Let’s face it, my kids don’t want to listen to my grumbling and that’s who I spend the majority of my time with. I do have friends but now that babies, work, school, homework and extra-curricular activities have taken over we don’t get to catch up nearly as much as I’d like. Therefore I have decided to share my innermost thoughts on the World Wide Web.
Firstly, let me introduce myself, I live in the countryside with hubby and three (soon to be four) children. A few facts about each of us:
- Me – Approaching 40. Part time worker, part time SAHM. Bit of a baby factory (hubby’s phrase, not mine). Winging it at this parenting lark.
- Hubby – Tall, dark and handsome. Works long hours in a different country for most of the week. A brilliant daddy. Likes to leave his socks on the floor.
- No. 1 – Boy, 5 years old, energetic, sensitive, loves life. Favourite past time: Talking. Favourite saying: “Can I ask you something?”
- No. 2 – Boy, 3 years old, thoughtful, cheeky, comedian. Favourite past time: Eating. Favourite saying: “I’m still hungry!”
- No. 3 – Girl, 16 months old, bossy, adorable, independent. Favourite past time: Emptying things (drawers, bags, cupboards). Favourite saying: “Nah, nah, nah.” (Translated: I want, I want, I want)
What I hope to achieve from this blog is to share what’s going on with my life and my family and to connect with other mummies. Hopefully I’ll discuss some of the subjects that will resonate with other ‘just ordinary mummies’.